Corona Diary #1



Hi!

It's been a while I haven't typed, literally very long time ago. I just don't want to lose this ability to type. I was a very good typewriter when in Perhutani, while I was working as a Secretary to Director and the last position was Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (I kinda flexed here y'all). If you must know kiddos, the day I wrote this post's draft is one of the darkest days in the century so far. it has been almost 3 months since the Corona Virus started the outbreak outside the mainland China. I chose to stay and being "locked down" here inside The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Why? Well, financially-wise, my job is based here. And with this Corona Virus outbreak is getting crazier I am fully aware that the nature of my job is very likely to be exposed to carriers. Henceforth, if God forbid anything bad happens to my health, the health facility system here is WAY BETTER than in Indonesia. Of course I know. I've been admitted to a hospital here several times. And I got my Appendectomy Laparoscopic surgery from that hospital as well. Please take a note, I thought that that hospital was already more advanced than what I've seen in Indonesia. But they say there are better hospitals than that. 

I'm not saying that in Indonesia there aren't good and tehcnolody-advanced hospitals, in fact there are some, but it is very unlikely for me to be admitted there with my BPJS Kesehatan (Government-owned health insurance) card which I'm not sure if I'm still eligible for. Yes I have insurance card from Saudia but it will probably take a long time for them to finally give me the proper treatment based on the insurance since it's a foreign insurance card. You know, bureaucracy sucks. And they want money. So that is why I chose to stay here. Another reason is, I might be an asymptomatic carriers of the Corona Virus and if I go home and see my mom, sister, Abil (nephew), grandma, relatives, I might transmit it to them. And people's immune system does differ to one another, so you can do the risk analysis. 

Sometimes I think of the worst case scenario that would possibly affect my job. Everyone is having a hard time right now, and we can only pray to Allah to make it (read: Corona Vayruz) disappear soon and help us rise up again from this rockbottom. There's a chance that me and others will lose this job cause my roommate is already stuck in Jakarta with suspended contract until the end of 2020. Many people from other airlines already did, and I already know that if that happens I will stay in the kingdom since I already have iqama and I will find another job here and request my company to transfer my Iqama to my new company. Audhubillah. I hope that would never happen, because Alhamdulillah I really love my job right now. I hope Allah will help us all going through this hard time. Only He can help us. InshAllah, what's best will happen soon. 


Starbucks Cafe at Old Corniche
Jeddah, September 9th, 2020

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.